• Administrator
  •  

NCAAB 1/13

Sports Handicapping and Free Sports Picks. Post your plays here. Free NFL,NBA,College Football and Basketball Picks!

Moderators: theone1324, Kenny981

golfer4life8
NCAAB 1/13

Post by golfer4life8 »

Minnesota +8.5

Let me just start by saying that Purdue is overrated. Most teams schedule cupcake games throughout the beginning of the season before getting into conference play, but Purdue each year takes this to the extreme. Purdue plays YMCA teams into late December which should be a crime. I get the whole idea of getting a few warm-up games in with the local pediatrics, but the key word there is a few. Every year Purdue hits Big Ten play, and people are shocked that this team can't hold mud on the road. For the season, Purdue has only a few good wins, and yet is getting tagged with the #5 rank in the country because of their 16-2 record. Purdue just squeezed by Michigan and I expect them to struggle in this spot as well, on the road, against a good Minnesota team, lead by veteran guys.

Minnesota is in an interesting spot here. I love college teams that travel on the road and embarrass themselves because when they come back home for the following game, they typically bounce back. Minnesota had a tough go against Northwestern, but now have a chance to really make some noise in the Big Ten hosting Purdue early today. Minnesota will be without starters Amir Coffey and Reggie Lynch, but keep in mind folks, the line has already adjusted for this. These two being out is scaring people off Minnesota, but the logic there is flawed. I like the Golden Gophers to ride the home crowd, hang around long enough to cover and maybe even surprise a few people today.