• Administrator
  •  

MLB 4/20

Sports Handicapping and Free Sports Picks. Post your plays here. Free NFL,NBA,College Football and Basketball Picks!

Moderators: theone1324, Kenny981

golfer4life8
MLB 4/20

Post by golfer4life8 »

Reds -111 vs. Padres

There's always been the potential for Luis Castillo to take things to the next level and he's off to a great start with a 1.46 ERA, 32 strikeouts and just 9 hits allowed in 24.2 innings. Cincinnati's offense is still shaky but showing some signs of life, and they should be able to score a few off of Eric Lauer.

Twins -135 vs. Orioles Game 2

Minnesota isn't a bigger favorite with Martin Perez on the hill which is understandable, but the Twins are just so much better than Baltimore in every facet I can't pass it up. The Twins are mashing to start the season with a 116 wRC+, and have to be particularly encourged by Eddie Rosario growing into an All-Star calibur player and Byron Buxton putting up some decent stats. Alex Cobb is pitching well, but almost certainly won't be able to keep up a 3.18 ERA pace.

Mariners +121 vs. Angels

The Mariners are taking care of buisness against middling/bad teams and I think provide pretty good value at +121. Trevor Cahill had a poor four-inning start against the Rangers earlier in the week, and things don't get easier against a club that's launched 49 homers in 23 games. Yusei Kikuchi isn't overwhelming anyone, but is solid enough thus far and has shown good command with a 5.4 percent walk rate.

Blue Jays + 129 vs. A's

I fully expect the A's to be in contention for the Wild Card but they are really inconsistent at the moment, and Mike Fiers isn't helping 7.06ERA/5.65 FIP and climbing walk rate in five starts. Matt Shoemaker is good when he can stay healthy, and looks like a major bargain pickup for the Jays thus far with a 1.75ERA/3.96FIP, including a decent outing against the aforementioned Twins offense last time out.