• Administrator
  •  

Todays Question...

Sports Handicapping and Free Sports Picks. Post your plays here. Free NFL,NBA,College Football and Basketball Picks!

Moderators: theone1324, Kenny981

Would you be willing to pay per month for a "Members Only" forum?

Hell No
66%
Yes (If yes an idea of how much a month)
34%

Total votes: 41

Admin
Site Admin
Todays Question...

Post by Admin »

Squidboy makes a good point. About charging a nominal fee each month for a Members Only messageboard to weed out some people all together. Although, I want to moderate some on the main board 100% monderation and exclusion cannot be guaranteed. That can be guaranteed through a smaller "Members only" forum.

franksjohnson

Post by franksjohnson »

I don't mind odd bowl posts at all. Such as mine for example. As long as no one like that bobbycubs racist guy at cbs.

MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Are you people out of your mind??????? I WOULD NOT pay to be able to
post a free pick !!!!!!!!!!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I dont think its pay to post a free pick. A pay board to call your own w/o all the BS. On a premium board, someone who steps out of line we just dont invite back. Simple as that. On a free board they just create a new SN and start bashing all over again. This way he/she would have to pay everytime they get kicked off and want to step back in. I doubt anyone would want to do that.

BGPG

Post by BGPG »

just my opinion,

i understand the logic behind making it a "pay site", but in reality, all I BELIEVE it will do is create new problems. guys would now say, "i paid my money, i'll say what i want" or on the other end, they'll be calling for people's head for anything that they don't agree with. i think if you're smart enough to start this board up, you should be smart enough to monitor it and when a guy is posting nothing but nonsense that disrupts the board, send him a warning, if it continues, boot him! i think if you make it pay, you'll kill the site.... bol with your decision.
bob
Always ride the streak

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

"i paid my money, i'll say what i want"

Simple, I give them back their $$ and they are never invited back.

"people's head for anything that they don't agree with. "

Same thing. I simply do not invite back.

"when a guy is posting nothing but nonsense that disrupts the board, send him a warning,"

I do, but nothing stops them from creating a new SN and popping back on. I cannot ban everyone. I try to monitor it as much as humanly possible, but even IP bans can be worked around Right Trouble???

** Keep in mind im not doing this for a money making operation. Everything I have acquired from Advertising etc is going back into the board. For example: http://www.supreme.ro/projects/johns/

is a wagerline type interface that is being wrote for this board as we speak. It will even keep a consensus of all games and number of people who bet one side or the other. Including posting the most selected teams etc. It should be ready soon.[/quote]

killerb1234
Kick out the losers after one warning

Post by killerb1234 »

KISS

BGPG

Post by BGPG »

your answers seem logical, i just don't see what diff it makes whether you pay to get in or not, you WILL, give money back and boot them, well, that means youCAN boot them now. i just see a whole new load of problems with that, but do what you feel is best.
Always ride the streak

JR

Post by JR »

Pros and Cons for the question. I voted that I would pay a reasonable rate, because if you guys have been following my picks I suck.LOL. well Im cold right now and will contiue to come here to get out of this slump. GL either way. One question though will everyone be required to pay? some people help more than others thats why I ask.(Plein,DON, etc...)

thanks
JR

BGPG

Post by BGPG »

that's another good point, if you have to pay to get in, how many "cappers" are gonna do it? you'll have a room full of people looking for cheap help, and noone here to give it. i know simon is pretty good with his prop bets, but there's not a cheaper SOB in the world, he won't pay a shilling to get in here...hell, he steals toilet paper and salt shakers from restaurants....
Always ride the streak

Noods

Post by Noods »

Honestly, if we made this a pay site, I'm not sure if we'd have half the people here that are here now. We can't be sure if Don, Plein, Shark, Ray, and the rest would all show up for a new site.. What we have right now isn't bad at all.. about 2 weeks ago this site was ready to go in the crapper. It seems as if things started to get policed a little better and now i think the site is back to normal. Making this a free site weeds out a lot of bad people, but it also weeds out a lot of good people, I believe we should keep things the way they are, but that's just me.
My friends stay powdered up, I'm so drunk, can't stand, you said if I would sober up I'd be a powerful man

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Absolutely YES. It'll keep the scum out of this board and have only the guys who are serious about sports wagering.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not the main board "Cappers Picks" it will always be free. I'm talking use the Ultimate Cappers Area as a premium board for those who want it. Cappers Picks will be here for anyone who needs it

GDUBS

Post by GDUBS »

I have been on this board for quite a while. My opinion for what its worth is to keep it free as im sure it was intended. If you put the pay people in a seperate forum it will just led to segregate the board. ie "if you want his pick you have to be IN" while i enjoy the banter in the free forum you could simply weed out the idiots, we know who they are. As for using the money to buy "tools" there are plenty of places to get that info for free. I dont post my picks that often because i only post what i really like (7-2) posted plays or close to that at least i cant remember...the guys wo use lock too often are just simply losing way more than the rest of us.

gstreet

Post by gstreet »

Depends how much and would it effect people like Ray Shark Plein Don etc from coming on here. I agree the board was turning back into CBS last week but seems to have mellowed out. Money might weed it out but I don't want to lose the above guys who do well but won't want to pay.